Bryan J Koop
There are few things better than hearing the shutter click and instantly knowing that you’ve captured the perfect shot. After more than a decade behind the camera and well over a million clicks I usually know without having to look. In that time I’ve learned to observe the subtle details that make each couple unique. I love the challenge of creating memorable images that reflect the individual personality of each couple.
Before Bryan Jonathan Weddings I worked as a photojournalist for WDIO TV/ABC in Duluth and as a studio photographer for Thomson Reuters. My “day job” is shooting events and promotional material at the U of MN Twin Cities. I studied photography and design at the U of MN Duluth where I began honing my weddings skills. I’ve also been extraordinarily blessed to have traveled the world. My portfolio contains photos and video, both personal and professional, from 29 countries on six continents.
10 Things You Don’t Know About Me
- In middle school I wanted a permed mullet but my mother wouldn’t let me.
- I am a certified P2 paraglider pilot in Australia.
- I once had 6 body piercings including the back of my neck.
- My salsa garden grows various tomatoes, peppers, onions, and garlic.
- I have a Boston Terrier and a pet tortoise.
- My wife, Sara, and I have been married for 7 years and have a beautiful 10 month old daughter.
- If I’m not shooting a wedding you will likely find me whitewater kayaking or mountain biking.
- Mmmmmm sushi.
- Last summer I put more miles on my motorcycle than my car.
- Star Trek > Star Wars.